The immune system is your child’s first line of defence against disease-causing microorganisms. Without a strong immune system to protect your child, he or she may be susceptible to various diseases. There are a few steps you can take to encourage a healthy immunity.
1. Improving Your Child’s Gut Health
As the gut is the largest immune organ and 80% of the antibody producing cells are located in the gut, having the right nutrition is important.
- Try probiotics; a strong population of beneficial bacteria such as L. reuteri probiotics allow for a healthy gut and protection against infections by harmful bacteria.
- Ensure that your child has sufficient fibre and water daily. This will help move food through the digestive system.
2. Exercising as a Family
Exercise is one of the key aspects of a healthy lifestyle and it’s no different when it comes to your child.
- Exercise can help control body weight, improve cardiovascular health and protect against certain diseases.
- While there isn’t a proven direct link between exercise and improvement of the immune system, it’s reasonable to assume that regular exercise that keeps your body healthy, will lead to less sick days.
- Exercise also helps your child maintain a healthy weight, which is one of the ways to avoid certain diseases.
3. Maintaining Good Personal Hygiene
Ensure your child has good personal hygiene, especially after certain activities such as visits to the bathroom, handling pets or playing outside.
- If you or your partner is feeling unwell, avoid spreading the harmful bacteria.
- Ensure that contaminated personal items such as toothbrushes don’t come into contact with your child.
If you’re looking to support your child’s usual diet with probiotics from fortified milk, you can try LACTOGROW® PROBIO. It contains probiotic cultures L. reuteri, high calcium, DHA, and Happy Nutri™ to aid the growth and development of our little ones!
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Content for you
Enjoy personalised content, parenting tips, latest product updates and promotions.
Tips & Advices
Need nutritional advice? Speak to our nutrition experts.
Request a sample and try our products today!
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine