Tips for Keeping Your Child Healthy
Raising a healthy child requires time, dedication and more importantly love from you and your partner. While most parents are often busy with making a living for the family, it is still important to spend whatever time you have raising a child that is happy and healthy throughout the growing years.
A Healthy Gut
At the foundation of good health is a good immune system. And, a strong, healthy immune system can be supported through proper nutrition and the right habits at home.
- The gut is the largest immune organ and 80% of the antibody producing cells are located in the gut, it starts with having a healthy digestive system.
- One of the best ways to improve your child’s gut health, and in turn immunity is to have probiotics in a daily diet.
- Probiotics are defined as ‘live micro-organisms which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health beneﬁt on the host’.
- Look out for milk that contains strains of beneficial bacteria such as L. reuteri probiotics to support your child’s digestive system, and immune system.
Cooking Up Healthier Meal Options
Having good nutrition doesn’t mean spending more. It simply means adding healthier choices instead of less healthy ones.
- Fruits and vegetables contain fibre, which help food move down the digestive system.
- Also, be sure that your child gets lots of water.
Getting Physically Active
- Exercise will help build a strong body.
- It can help control body weight and improve cardiovascular health.
- Exercise also help reduces the risk of certain diseases.
You can play games with your child, such as hopscotch, climbing around the playground and even simple things like bouncing a balloon in the air.
Good Habits at Home
- It’s good to keep an eye on your child and how much time is spent in front of a gadget.
- Gadgets can be addictive for your child, and the time spent on these gadgets could be spent outdoors being active.
- At dinnertime, you could spend time talking to your child instead of using your tablets and smartphones as distractions.
As parents, avoid blaming yourself too harshly for any mistakes made in raising your child and keeping him healthy. It is a learning journey. If you’re feeling under the pressure, speak to your partner, or family. Your own parents will have some words of wisdom to share.
If you’re looking to support your child’s usual diet with fortified milk, you can try LACTOGROW Aktif. It is a specially formulated milk powder for children aged 1 to 3 years old, plus the goodness of L. reuteri probiotics to reduce the risk of constipation, for tummy comfort, and for a happy child!
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Content for you
Enjoy personalised content, parenting tips, latest product updates and promotions.
Tips & Advices
Need nutritional advice? Speak to our nutrition experts.
Request a sample and try our products today!
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine