- Consider whether to go for a traditional or unique name.
- Consider the meaning of the names — perhaps in different languages.
- Consider what the initials will be when put together.
- Consider how the first name sounds with the surname.
- Consider how the name could be shortened.
- Consider how popular the name currently is.
- Think about people to name junior after.
- Think about names from your culture.
- Consider how it sits with any sibling names.
- Consider whether gender neutral names are important.
- Think about middle names — second or third favorites can still make the cut this way.
- Consider how the name works for a child and an adult.
- Consider alternative spellings of popular names.
- Think about living with the name. Will other kids be mean about it?
- Once you’ve got a few ideas on the shortlist, another fun task you could start thinking about is getting the nursery ready. See our checklist for help.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Content for you
Enjoy personalised content, parenting tips, latest product updates and promotions.
Tips & Advices
Need nutritional advice? Speak to our nutrition experts.
Request a sample and try our products today!
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine