- Ask what clothes you need to take off for the scan. If it’s your first time, there’s no harm in asking.
- Ask for a cover-up to protect your modesty! You might want to avoid playsuits or jumpsuits on scan day as they’re a bit exposing.
- Ask what they look for in the 12-week scan if they haven’t already had this explained this to you.
- Ask if the little one is developing normally.
- Ask if you are able to get a picture before they start scanning — hospitals often have different policies about printing scans to keep.
- Ask the sonographer if they can to record the audio of the heartbeat on a phone.
- Ask if the fetal heartbeat sounds normal.
- Ask about the accuracy of fetal heartbeat phone apps.
- Ask when your next scan is and what you can expect. Go to Your checklist of antenatal testing questions for more things to ask.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Content for you
Enjoy personalised content, parenting tips, latest product updates and promotions.
Tips & Advices
Need nutritional advice? Speak to our nutrition experts.
Request a sample and try our products today!
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine