- Try to teach your child to talk about the things you see and do.
- Describe things as you’re doing them (I’m cooking dinner, I’m calling daddy, I’m packing your bag).
- Aim to read to your child every day and describe pictures in books too.
- Sing and act out songs and nursery rhymes to make learning words fun.
- Try to expand on what your child is saying, for example if they say “dog” you can say “Yes it’s a black dog”.
- Let your toddler clearly see your face and mouth when you’re speaking so they can copy the shapes your lips and mouth make.
- Ask them to make choices like “apple or orange” to encourage them to speak rather than point.
- Repeat words back to them correctly, but don’t focus on their mistake.
- Turn off the radio, TV, or tablet so there are fewer distractions, and you can spend time focusing on talking to each other.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Hanya Untuk Anda
Nikmati kandungan khas untuk anda, petua keibubapaan, dan promosi produk terkini.
Tip & Nasihat
Perlukan nasihat pemakanan? Bincang dengan pakar nutrisi kami.
Dapatkan sampel dan cuba produk kami hari ini!
Cuba aplikasi kami untuk membantu anda dalam perjalanan keibubapaan.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine