- Talk to friends and family if you think you have the blues. Many women experience at least some symptoms of the blues immediately after childbirth. It’s caused by the sudden change in hormones after delivery, combined with stress, isolation, sleep deprivation, and fatigue. You might feel more tearful, overwhelmed, and emotionally fragile.
- Postnatal anxiety is perfectly normal, but if your symptoms don’t go away after a few weeks or get worse, you may be suffering from postpartum depression.
- Chat to other new parents. They may be going through something similar.
- Try a postnatal group or mom’s group to meet parents in the same boat.
- Try breast-feeding cafes for a safe space.
- Try child activity classes or apps like MUSH (if it’s available in your country) to meet new parent friends.
- Try apps like Calm or other mediation and mindfulness apps.
- Consider talking to a professional, there are people who can help. Ask your healthcare provider where to start.
- Get active. It’s surprising what a bit of exercise can do for your mood.
- Eat a healthy, varied and balanced diet.
- As well as trying to get some sun consider a daily supplement containing 10mcg of Vitamin D.
- Try to make time for the simple things like showering and doing your hair—they can really make a big difference.
- Write a mood diary. Noting how you feel each day can help you realize what makes you happy and what doesn’t.
- Be kinder to yourself. You’re doing your best—it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Ask friends and family to help. A few less errands on your to do list can make all the difference.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Content for you
Enjoy personalised content, parenting tips, latest product updates and promotions.
Tips & Advices
Need nutritional advice? Speak to our nutrition experts.
Request a sample and try our products today!
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine