- Cuddle your child when they’re crying a lot.
- Hold them upright during feeds to prevent wind getting trapped.
- Burp your child during and after each feed to avoid colicky pain.
- Ask your healthcare provider (HCP) to check your feeding technique.
- Try giving your child a warm bath.
- Try a very gentle tummy massage with two fingers in a clockwise motion, using a little olive oil or baby oil.
- Try different tummy-time positions, for example “super kid”, to help relieve pressure on your child’s tummy. For more ideas, get five fun tummy-time moves to try here.
- Try gently rocking junior over your shoulder, this can encourage trapped wind to find its way out.
- Try gentle background noise like a TV or radio.
- Try rocking your child in their crib or moses basket.
- Try pushing your child in their buggy.
- Speak to your HCP about probiotics — research has shown that L. reuteri may bring relief by balancing the bacteria in your child’s gut.
- Speak to your HCP about your diet — research has shown that a small number of breastfed babies showed improvements when their mom followed a low-allergen diet.
- Try to keep calm — colic will usually improve on its own by the time your child is around three to four months and usually resolve by six months.
- Take turns with other friends and family to comfort your child so you can have a break.
- If you are still worried about how much your child is crying, get in touch with your HCP, as they are best placed to help and set your mind at ease.
- For more on colic and crying, as well as other children illnesses, read 10 common children’s conditions and how to help here.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Hanya Untuk Anda
Nikmati kandungan khas untuk anda, petua keibubapaan, dan promosi produk terkini.
Tip & Nasihat
Perlukan nasihat pemakanan? Bincang dengan pakar nutrisi kami.
Dapatkan sampel dan cuba produk kami hari ini!
Cuba aplikasi kami untuk membantu anda dalam perjalanan keibubapaan.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine