It is never too early to start cultivating good eating habits in your child. Healthy eating for your child can help support a growing body. Here are some tips that you may find useful when feeding your little one.
• Observe your child for signs that he is full. If he twists his head away from the spoon, wraps his face with tiny hands, sputters out his familiar foods, or thrusts it away, stop feeding him at that moment. Please do not force your little one to finish off everything on his plate. Healthy eating for your child should be associated with positive behaviour.
• Never reward your child with food for good behaviour as this will bring negative associations with food. As an alternative, give compliments or bear hugs to encourage his behaviour.
• Do not hesitate to feed your child with a variety of foods. If he does not like a food, try it again later. Usually children are not accustomed with the new flavour and texture of the new foods. It may take you 10 to 15 tries before your child accepts a new type of food.
• Even if you are increasing your child’s list of food options, keep on feeding iron-fortified infant cereals. By including this you are assured that he obtains sufficient iron, an essential nutrient for optimal growth and development.
• Maintain a comfortable meal atmosphere. Stay positive and maintain your cool while feeding your child.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Content for you
Enjoy personalised content, parenting tips, latest product updates and promotions.
Tips & Advices
Need nutritional advice? Speak to our nutrition experts.
Request a sample and try our products today!
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine