- Gather everything you need before you start: Changing mat; clean towel; clean diaper; cotton balls; cooled boiled water (to dip the cotton balls in) or fragrance- and alcohol-free wipes; barrier cream.
- Place the towel on the changing mat, lie your child on the towel.
- If you’re using a changing table, keep your eyes on junior all the time — they can wriggle a lot.
- Singing or chatting to your child can help to soothe and calm them.
- Undo the dirty diaper. If it’s full, use it to remove most of the mess.
- Clean your child’s bottom with the wet cotton balls or wipes. Wipe front to back for a girl, back to front for a boy.
- Pat your child’s bottom dry with the towel.
- Gently lift your child’s legs with one hand and put the clean diaper (with the tabs at the back) under their bottom with the other.
- Apply a barrier cream if your child’s bottom looks red or sore.
- Fold the front of the diaper up to child’s waist and fasten the tabs on the sides.
- Wash and moisturize your hands after every diaper change.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to make the best of those first 1,000 days of parenthood… TOGETHER.
Content for you
Enjoy personalised content, parenting tips, latest product updates and promotions.
Tips & Advices
Need nutritional advice? Speak to our nutrition experts.
Request a sample and try our products today!
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
Not quite what you're looking for?
Try out our new smart search engine